Mana BSMT is pleased to present the second iteration of Mana Contemporary Chicago’s inaugural Body + Camera Festival, an annual event featuring films, installations, and live performances that explore the intersection between the body and the moving image. The festival at Mana BSMT will include highlights from Chicago’s presentation, as well as new work by BSMT artists-in-residence and guest artists from UAE and take place on 9/23/17.
888 Newark Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07306
September 23, 2017 | 5-11pm
- 5PM | Doors Open
- 6:15–7PM | Embodied: Short film screenings
Eight short films that explore the confines of our physical, emotional, and imaginary worlds by César Vayssié & Boris Charmatz, Gary Zhexi Zhang, J. Makary, Mauricio Saenz, Elisabeth Hogeman, Henry Gwiazda, Alex Myung, Gili Avissar.
- 7:30–8PM | Digital Bodies
Live-streamed performance by Ghada Da, Farah Al Sharie, and Nidal Morra from three different locations across the United Arab Emirates.
- 9–9:20PM | The Dolls
Live performance by Claudia Hart
- 9:30–11PM | Transmutation: Late night film screenings
Nine films that flirt with the nature of sexuality, identity, and the body. (Sexually explicit content.) Artists include: Liz McCarthy, Amber Bemak & Nadia Granados, The Era, Madsen Minax, Young Joon Kwak & Kim Ye, Jan Brugger, Loong Wah, Mothertongues.
DJ set by Nikki Kynard
- Wills Glasspiegel, Inevitable Shift Fear, 2017
- Hilla Ben Ari, Rethinking Broken Lines—A Tribute to Heda Oren, 2017
- Jocelyn Cottencin, Monumental, 2016
- Sofia Pancucci-McQueen & Anouska Samms, The Baths, 2016
- Sam Cannon, Plastic Dreams, 2017